Desert Tour: 2 Days with Hiking
This tour provides the best way to experience Wadi Rum over two days and hike off the beaten path.
DURATION : 2 Days / 1 Night
Full Day Desert Tour
This day is our Full Day Desert Tour, following the full day route visiting the main valley sites of the Protected Area.
OVERNIGHT Desert Camp OR Desert Cave
Jebel Al Hash Hike
After a night in the desert we drive south through the largely deserted southern valleys to Jebel Al Hash, a high ridge stretching east to west. We walk along the top of the ridge for 3-4 hours, admiring the views of Wadi Rum to the north and Saudi Arabia to the south. When we come down from the ridge we have lunch. After lunch, we travel by 4×4 to the White Desert, there is a small hike here. This is a very remote and beautiful area of Wadi Rum Desert.
In the late afternoon we return to Wadi Rum Village.
2 Days with Hiking Overnight in Desert Camp
2 persons: 125JD per person
3 – 4 persons: 90JD per person
5 – 6 persons: 65JD per person
Includes: private tour, private tent, lunch (2), dinner (1), breakfast (1) and bottled water.
2 Days with Hiking Overnight in Cave
2 persons 120JD per person
3 – 4 persons 80JD per person
5 – 6 persons 55JD per person
Includes: private tour, sleeping equipment, lunch (2), dinner (1), breakfast (1) and bottled water.
MEETING POINT: Wadi Rum Rest House located in Wadi Rum Village (7km drive from Wadi Rum Visitor Centre).
TOUR EXCLUSIONS: Entrance fee to Wadi Rum paid at the Visitor Centre: 5JD per person or FREE with the Jordan Pass
We recommend purchasing the Jordan Pass before you arrive to Jordan if you also plan to visit Petra.
PAYMENT: Cash is accepted on arrival – you can pay in our local currency Jordanian Dinar or in Euro or USD (note there is no ATM in Wadi Rum)
- This excursion is a private tour – therefore we can start your tour anytime you wish.
- Your guide is a knowledgable local bedouin guide who speaks English and is also your driver.
- Our tour vehicles are desert 4x4s with seating in the back – open air.
- Suitable clothes during Dec – Feb like a warm jacket, warm hat to cover your ears, neck and head is highly recommended.
- Sun protection is important during the warm months Mar – Oct – sun hat or bedouin scarf, sunglasses, light clothing and sun screen.
- Wear sensible, grippy walking shoes (heavy hiking boots are not essential for hiking in Wadi Rum).
- For your overnight stay you need your personal items, towel and warm clothes as it gets cold in the desert at night especially in winter (Nov-Feb).
- Luggage – space in our vehicles is limited for luggage in large groups. Either pack all things in a day bag for your tour and overnight stay and store your large luggage locked in our storage room or request we bring it to the camp for you separately..